Search This Blog

Monday, August 29, 2011

Urban Mama | Victoria BC Maternity Photographer

Sometimes when you have a really great idea, it is worth the wait to get it just right.  This was the case.  I have a picture of my own sister when she was pregnant with my nephew Mathew that I love.  It was taken in Fan Tan Alley, and reads, tough, strong, and urban.  Ashley is a friend of a friend that I met while wedding dress shopping (yeah Amanda, can't wait to shoot the wedding in Mexico at Christmas time).  Honestly, the minute I saw her, I thought, "I wonder if she would be interested in doing a maternity session."  She said yes and headed downtown on a lovely evening in early August with the sun going down.  They are some of my favourite spots to shoot in Victoria...yes we have the ocean, and Beacon Hill and other great places, but the downtown is vibrant and full of color.  I think you can tell we had a good time and even stopped for a coffee half way through for a coffee and a wardrobe change.  Ashley looked gorgeous and was working those eyes.  Thanks Ashley for a great evening...finally a sneak peak for you!!  I had a really hard time picking my favourite.  I can't wait to meet the new arrival in September...it is going to be a surprise on the sex.



Love just the peak of the belly!



LOVE everything about this one, the pose and the fact that her eyes are closed!!!!


I adore this fence....I would shoot everyone here if I could.  Beautiful light and long grass and wild flowers.

The tattoo?  Her 3 year old daugher's full name.

1 comments:

Danielle September 9, 2011 at 6:50 AM  

Gorgeous images Lori - and what a stunning Mama! Love the various locations you chose too!

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP