Search This Blog

Sunday, January 3, 2010

2 | 365 Project

Busy day of cleaning, errands, and computer stuff.  Need to clean up some hard drive space :)  When all of a sudden I realized how late it was and Messina really needed a walk AND I needed pictures for Jan 2nd.  We went out to our favourite secret spot on Veteran's Memorial, but it was after 4pm and getting dark quickly.  I decided to test out some high ISO's on my d300s.  This shot is at ISO 3200, SS 250 and F-stop 5.6 (was using my 55-200 zoom lens and zooming in so couldn't go any lower).  It is grainy...but love the overall effect on her fur.  For a person's face may not have worked, but for this shot, I think the grain in the shadows and especially in the bokeh is quite nice.  Let me know what you think.


4 comments:

Lori Hawrychuk January 3, 2010 at 11:48 AM  

Just testing to make sure the comments are working and they are!!!

Anonymous January 4, 2010 at 9:24 AM  

Great shot Lori...love the start of your blog...will enjoy following it thru the year.

Julia

Pat January 5, 2010 at 11:31 AM  

GREAT shot....just looking past the last 5 days and this one really caught my attention as besides being a great photo, you captured Messina looking almost identical to her momma-Paige. The picture really made me do a double-take!

Miss ViVi Gold January 5, 2010 at 4:53 PM  

It's really a beautiful work. Highly artistic. I love your dog and your design style. I will be revisiting.

Blog Archive

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP